The following procedures will help you overcome low disk space problems:
· Using the Server Cleanup Wizard to remove unneeded content.
· Moving the content directory to another drive
· Moving the SQL Server database to another drive
To use the Server Cleanup Wizard to remove unneeded content
1. In the WSUS administration console, select Options, then Server Cleanup Wizard.
2. By default this wizard will remove unneeded content and computers that have not contacted the server for 30 days or more. Select all possible options, then click Next.
3. The wizard will begin the cleanup process, and will present a summary of its work when it is finished. Click Finish to complete the process.
To move the content directory to another drive
1. Create a new content directory on another drive.
2. Locate the WSUSUtil.exe utility in the Tools directory of your WSUS installation (typically C:Program FilesUpdate ServicesTools).
3. Open a command window, navigate to the Tools directory, and type the following:
4. wsusutil movecontentNewContentPathMoveLog
5. where NewContentPath is the new content directory, and MoveLog is the path and filename of the log for this operation.
For more information on using the WSUSUtil utility, see Managing WSUS 3.0 from the Command Line in the Operation Guide
To move the SQL Server installation to another drive
1. Open a command window.
2. Type net stop wsusservice
3. Detach the SUSDB database.
4. Copy SUSDB.mdf and SUSDB_log.ldf to the new location.
5. Attach the SUSDB database from the new location.
6. Type net start wsusservice
7. When the system is working properly, delete SUSDB.mdf and SUSDB_log.ldf from the old location.